If your home/office is grossly affected by rising waters/flooding, it is important to extract and remove wet materials as soon as possible. Flood waters contain many contaminants such as bacteria, petroleum, insects, plant waste, ammonia, hydrocarbons and much more. Relying upon a simple “mold clearance test” as a condition of restoration is risky. Hydro-carbons/petroleum based products soak into wall framing and flooring and can off-gas harmful gases for years to come.
To protect your family/employees, you should consider a full Level 3 assessment and test for bacteria, VOC’s and mold/dampness. No, it is not cheap but avoiding systemic gassing will always be cheaper than the long-term health affects you may experience.